The Essentials of Theatre Arts
This course engages students in a whole experience to enrich them as people, drama artists and makers of drama/theatre through the “three key learning processes: making, performing and appreciating”. It provides students with a comprehensive study of drama as an art form and introduces them to the professional world of theatre, while developing their creativity, power of imagination, people skills and self-confidence.
Upon completion of the subject, students should be able to:
- construct critical responses, appreciation and creative thinking skills through learning-by-practice during theatre productions, and understand the requirements of the industry;
- assemble creative, imaginative and reflective skills to apply to performance and creation;
- apply interpersonal skills and team building skills through rehearsal, group projects, collaborative tasks and showing;
- construct self-confidence and self-esteem through effective self-expression in the drama and theatre activities;
- appraise the work ethics and demonstrate positive values and attitudes related to theatre arts industry; and
- develop self-understanding for further studies and career development in the related field.
"Achieve Your Dream" Video
Introduction of "Taking a Chance on Dance" and "The Essentials of Theatre Arts"
2021 – 2023 Student Selection Arrangement
On or before 8 May 2021 (Saturday), applicants are required to submit an Online Application Form with the following information provided:
- Electives ( i. The Fundamentals of Dramatic Arts; ii. The Fundamentals of Theatre Production)
- Applicant Personal Particulars;
- Parent or Guardian Particulars;
- Related Skills and Experiences;
- Preferable Time of Class;
- Questionnaire; and